On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 21:55, Greg Meyer wrote:

> What exactly does a dummy %prep and %build section look like?

It would just be an empty statement, such as an 'echo Doing prep'.
In other words, you build and install the NVIDIA script normally on the
first box. Find all the modules that the script adds, then drop them
into a tarball. In your spec file, do nothing for the %prep and %build.
In the %files section, list all the files/modules that were added. When
you rebuild the tarball it will contain only the necessary files.

There's a program called rpmrebuild on freshmeat that does a similar
thing.

Let me know if you need more specifics. I don't have a 9.1 machine with
an NVIDIA card so can't actually test. I've done this lots of times for
other files that I wanted to track with RPM though.