On Thursday 26 Jun 2003 12:08 am, Larry Sword wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >I want to put a lcd monitor onto my old box.  The refresh rate, as
> > it was on the ancient monitor is too high for this, so it won't
> > let me boot into x.  I tried failsafe + text mode, and tried to
> > run XFdrake from the command line, but only got a blank screen.
> >
> >There must be some way to get to the monitor setup program.  How
> > can I do it?
> >
> >Anne
>
> Configure X from the console.
>
> As root XFdrake
>
> Larry

Hi, Larry.  That's what I was trying to do, but I checked on my box
here to get the name, and copies XFDrake from mcc.  For some reason,
instead of returning 'not found' and prompt it gave me a blank screen
with a mouse cursor block, and no way out of it.

Anyway, I did find it in the end, and all is now well.

Thanks

Anne