Praedor Atrebates wrote:

> At home I am stuck forevermore with a godawful slow dialup
> connection.  As a
> result, I rarely do a MandrakeUpdate from home - takes way too long with
> anything over a several megs of files.  My laptop gets access to a fast
> connection at my university so it gets updated often...but such a
> waste.  My
> laptop is a pathetic old celery 366 stinkpad.
>    It would be way nice if I could do a MandrakeUpdate at work/school
> with my
> laptop and select to save the downloaded rpms so I could go home,
> connect up
> to my desktop, and upgrade it too.  MandrakeUpdate deletes all the
> rpms it
> downloads, and good thing else you would begin to seriously consume hdd
> space.  What I would like is an option to save the rpm downloaded by
> MandrakeUpdate...perhaps to another directory or simply leave them in
> their
> cache directory until I elect to dump them.  Make MandrakeUpdate default
> behavior to delete the downloads but give an option to save them.
>
> How about it?
>
> praedor

I think if you run urpmi with --no-clean it will keep all of the updated
rpms in /var/cache/urpmi/rpms when you do your updates.  You can go home
and transfer them to your un-updated machine, or leave them where they
are, and add them as a source in urpmi.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)