Praedor Atrebates wrote:

> On Friday 27 June 2003 07:52 pm, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> [...]
>
> It would be way nice if I could do a MandrakeUpdate at work/school with
> my laptop and select to save the downloaded rpms so I could go home,
> connect up to my desktop, and upgrade it too.  MandrakeUpdate deletes all
> the rpms it downloads, and good thing else you would begin to seriously
>
> [...]
>
> On those rare occassions when I do decide to give MandrakeUpdate a go
> at home
> over my slooooow modem connection; if I try to do a big update, it
> stands a
> good chance of failing.  I may be trying to update ghostscript or qt3,
> large
> files, so I get MandrakeUpdate going and leave it to do its business.
> Problem is, if my dialup goes down and then comes back up (a distinct
> possibility), MandrakeUpdate fails.  It needs to have a wget-like
> mendaciousness.  If during updating the internet connection goes down
> and is
> then re-established, like wget, MandrakeUpdate should get back to
> downloading.  As it now stands, if the net connection dies and gets
> re-established while the download process is ongoing, the game is over
> and
> any time spent downloading was for naught.  How about giving
> MandrakeUpdate
> an autoresume ability?
>
> praedor

If you use urpmi --auto-select --noclean and have an rsync (as opposed
to ftp or http) update source you may get that functionality.  If the
download gets interrupted I believe it will start from where it stopped
the next time you try.

Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)