Somebody scribbled about Re: [expert] CDRW

>    OK, thanks Ed, same mode supports as my old drive. I don't want
>burnfree, but it can be disabled. I'm thinkin this old drive has
>got to be replaced sooner or later ;)

Is yours scsi? It might be worth keeping. but I think tese days that atapi
is getting better and better. otoh, the newer drives can burn really
really faxt :).

the older drives might be a good choice - my scsi subsystem was purchased
about the same time frame (1997/98) it's 50 pin and has a tape drive on
there now. trouble is all the newer scsi stuff is ultrawide and i don't
have the $ to change or add scsi controllers...