On Wednesday 09 July 2003 06:23 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On the WebHome page, top right, you will see links to info pages that
> will give you the general idea.  Whilst browsing you will come across
> a page called TWiki Shorthand (or similar) - print that one out, it
> will help you.
>
> When you have got the general idea, you need to sign up as a TWiki
> user - just follow the link 'TWikiRegistration'.  Once signed up you
> will find that you can edit any page - the existing entries will
> guide you re formatting.  Whenever you make any changes you preview
> them before accepting, so it's easy to go back and correct any
> mistakes.
>
> It looks a little daunting, but once you try it you'll find that it's
> really very easy.
>
> Anne

OK- I registered, but I haven't got time to go through all the pages and learn
how to post to it right now. I'm still not sure I see how it's better than a
regular list where people post back and forth, like this one. If I understand
correctly, you are able to edit other peoples pages, at will. That seems
inherently problematic- what if you're wrong about some edit you make on a
topic somebody else started- or vice-versa, somebody changes your How-to, and
they're wrong? Am I missing the point somehow?

Robert