IPCop is a fork of SmoothWall .99.
Either one is good. However IPCop uses a 2.4.20 kernel and smoothwall still
uses a 2.2 kernel. Also IPCop can save your configuration on a floppy, so if
you have to reinstall you can use the disk for quick recovery without having
to remember your settings. For me that feature alone makes IPCop better.  :^)

Ralph