On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Tom Brinkman wrote:

> On Wednesday July 16 2003 07:05 pm, Bill Mullen wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Norman Zhang wrote:
> > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
> >
> > ... for no good reason that is readily apparent (at least to me)
> > ... :)
>
>    Bill, I'm sure you sent as plain text, but your post also shows
> as multi-part, as I'm sure my reply will. I believe the Mandrake
> footer that sympa adds is responsible.

Yes, they are all multi-part, thanks to sympa, but neither your post
(Kmail) nor mine (Pine) contains all that MIME rubbish that his Lookout
Distress is throwing into the body of the message, which is pure and
unadulterated cruft, IMHO. And since I've seen plenty of mails from OE
that don't have this dreck included, it is essentially a configuration
issue on his part, I would think.

Of course, he doesn't even see it in there (because OE assumes, in typical
Mickeysoft fashion, that /everyone/ uses OE, so standards be damned - full
speed ahead <g>), so how would he even know it's occurring if someone that
could see it didn't point it out to him?

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people