On Saturday 19 July 2003 10:25 pm, Jeremy Gregorio wrote:
>     I've got an nforce2 board (Asus A7N8X) and a Microsoft optical usb
> mouse.  My mouse config:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "Mouse1"
>     Driver "mouse"
>     Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>     Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> The usbmouse modules wasn't loaded, but I loaded it and restarted X with
> no luck. Also tried it with /dev/input/mouse. The mouse worked fine
> during the install (and in Redhat 9.0). The kernel that comes with
> Mandrake is new enough it should have support for the usb chipset, but I
> could be wrong (redhat often back ports stuff from new kernels after
> all). Anyone know the fix? TIA :).
>
> Jeremy Gregorio

What is the chipset on your motherboard?  It could be poor apic support.  Try
starting the kernel with the noapic boot paramter.  See here for more info

http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=2459&lang=en
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx