Jeremy Gregorio wrote:

First off, thanks man. I'm using grub to boot (since I'm still on Redhat 9 as my main OS), but the options are simular. Here's the relevent part of my grub.conf:

title Mandrake 9.1
root (hd0,7)
kernel (hd0,7)/vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk root=/dev/hda9 hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi pci=noapic noapic
initrd (hd0,7)/initrd-2.4.21-0.13mdk.img

Sadly this didn't work. I've got an Nforce2 based board, the chipset's made by nvidia. Support for the board is relavively new, but the mouse does work during install. I'm at a loss here. The nodes seem to be in /dev and seem to be corrent. The driver selection seems fine in XF86Config-4. Heck, if I run 'XFree86 -configure' X claims to have found the mouse on /dev/mouse (a sym link to /dev/usbmouse which in turn links to /dev/input/mice, if I remember correctly). There's also nothing in my XFree86.0.log to indicate a problem. The mouse will light up briefly during boot (it's an optical) but then go dead and stay that way. I really don't know what to do.

Jeremy Gregorio

Try booting with "linux acpi=off"

Larry