On Sunday 20 Jul 2003 6:51 pm, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 20. Juli 2003 18:55 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > > /usr/src/linux-2.4.21..../  with a link to /usr/src/linux/
> >
> > Well, the reason I couldn't find it, is that it wasn't installed.
> >  It is now.
> >
> > All is not well, though, and I don't know where to start with
> > such a big error output.  Can someone point me in the right
> > direction, please?
> >
> > Error file and Makefile attached.
> >
> > Anne

Hi, Steffen

> Ok .
>
> # Change this to /usr/include if you get header file errors
> #INCLUDEDIR = /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include
> INCLUDEDIR = file:/usr/src/linux `uname -r`/build/include
>
> Well with this include dir everyone will have problems. Either you
> follow the suggestion or you use :
> INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include

I had tried editing this line while waiting for your reply, not got
got it exactly right - close, though <g>

> If you get unresolved symbols after installing you may try
>
> CFLAGS = -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE  -DMODVERSIONS \
>               -DOUTSIDE_KERNEL -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes \
>               -fomit-frame-pointer -I$(INCLUDEDIR) \
>               -include  $(INCLUDEDIR)/linux/modversions.h
>
> As CFLAGS

So now I just get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ov511-1.65]$ make
gcc -c -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DOUTSIDE_KERNEL -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/src/linux/include
-DEXPORT_SYMTAB ov511.c
gcc -c -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DOUTSIDE_KERNEL -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/src/linux/include
ov511_decomp.c
gcc -c -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DOUTSIDE_KERNEL -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/src/linux/include
ov518_decomp.c
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ov511-1.65]$

Does that mean that it compiled?

Anne