On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 09:55, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 Jul 2003 4:37 pm, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 20. Juli 2003 17:00 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > > I'm trying to follow instructions to install a new ov511 driver,
> > > as there is a problem with the one included in 9.1.  I'm
> > > extremely green at this.  I'm getting errors referencing include
> > > files, and I know I have to edit the Makefile to show the correct
> > > path to the kernel source - but where are the kernel source
> > > files? I'm fairly sure that they are installed.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > /usr/src/linux-2.4.21..../  with a link to /usr/src/linux/
> >
> Well, the reason I couldn't find it, is that it wasn't installed.  It
> is now.
>
> All is not well, though, and I don't know where to start with such a
> big error output.  Can someone point me in the right direction,
> please?
>
> Error file and Makefile attached.
>
> Anne

Anne ... the Makefile in your linux source will have a line like this.

EXTRAVERSION = -0.18mdkcustom

Now the word custom is added by MDK because so many people screw up
their box by building a new kernel with the same name as their
original.  For what you need to do (building a module for the original
kernel) change this by removing the word custom then do a make mrproper
and make dep.  At this point the kernel source and it's version will
match the uname of your kernel you are using.  This should get rid of
the version.h error.  You have to do the make mrproper and make dep
anyway when building modules just so that everything matches.

James