Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

Colin Jenkins wrote:

Hello all,
when I run 'vnstat  >/var/www/html/usage' from a shell, I get a text
file with the correct output. When I run the same
as a cron task, it outputs a blank file.
any ideas why?

Does the file starts with #!/bin/sh so that it is recognized as a shell script?

Are you sure that the file is executable? "chmod a+x filename"

I take back my attempt to help. I re-read your post and noticed that it outpus to a blank file. That means it is being recognized as a shell script and is executable.

Sorry. My Bad.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
                "Maxims for Revolutionists"