> > > Are you having trouble with all files or just the iso's.  I think we
> > > need to determine if the problem has anything to do with the size of
> > > the file.
> >
> > It is just the isos, I have copied kernel-2.4.24.tar.gz to the same
> > directory and its about 30Mb and it moves sucessfully.
> >
> > Usually the problem crops up when 30-100Mb are copied over. I have had
> > 30, 80 and 100 Mb incomplete files on the server when it quits.
>
> Are you seeing any errors in your logs?  what does the exports file of the
> server, and the fstab file of the client look like?

Well, I rebooted the server, and it was able to move the 650 Mb without
choking, but with almost constant errors. I will burn out my orange LED on
the hub soon if this keeps up.

from fstab on the client:
cartman:/mnt/share /home/robbo/share nfs auto,user,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft
0 0

from the server:
/mnt/share      *(rw,no_root_squash)

And there don't appear to be any kernel messages about this.

Rob
--

Linux: For the people, by the people.