On Sunday 27 July 2003 04:45, Todd Lyons wrote:

> David E Fox wanted us to know:
> >installing a new DVD/CDRW combo drive last weekend. I rebooted the
> >system (which had been rebooted before, successfully) and the system
> >hung completely at "finding module dependencies" (I think).
>
> My cooker box did the same thing a couple weeks ago.  Only way to get a
> good bootup was failsafe mode.  It gets better, I promise :)  This
> probably better belongs in Cooker ML.
> - --
> Blue skies...         Todd

On a simular lines:
Since 2.4.21-0.13 booting my laptop hangs if my pcmcia CD-Rom is inserted.
Not starting pcmcia services and starting manually and/or inserting the card
after boot solves that.
On top every now and then the CD will not unmount requiring me to stop devfsd
first.
The latter happens on my desktop system (supermount=disabled) too.
--
Good luck,

HarM