Lyvim Xaphir became daring and sent these 1.2K bytes,
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 00:14, Miark wrote:
> > Red Hat has a million bucks or more to dump into this--Mandrake doesn't.
> > I'm content to have Mandrake focus on it's own problems and let the
> > big'uns duke it out.
> >
> > Miark
> >
> What peeves me is that IBM bailed SUSE linux out of the hole with
> millions of dollars, and here Mandrake sat needing only a measly million
> or so, and got passed over.  Crazy.  Such a waste.

More to their decision then just user opinion. I can understand your
scepticism, but mandrake really doesn't have the best financial track
record. And with the vultures circling IBM doesn't need a bad
investment.

> I think Mandrake is superior to SUSE linux, and IBM could have saved
> alot of money by investing in them, plus got a better product to boot.

Again, value of a product is in the eye of the beholder. SuSE's
enterprise lineup is superior to Linux Mandrake's. IBM doesn't view
Mandrake as a serious contender in their markets of interest, at least
in contrast to Red Hat and SuSE.

--
Aaron Matteson - http://www.loreland.com - JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Show me a man of violence that came to a good end, and i will take him for