On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:36:11 -0400
Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greg Meyer wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 07 August 2003 11:50 pm, Felix Miata wrote:
>
> > > Anyone know if the built in NIC in this motherboard is
> > > unsupported?
>
> > It is a RhineII and uses the via-rhine driver.  Works fine here,
> > what's your trouble.
>
> My nephew did a hd.img install yesterday, and can't ping anything on
> his local network, much less reach the internet to do updates. The
> built-in sound doesn't work either. I'm just guessing the installer
> botched his eth0 and sound configuration. I gave him necessary
> instructions for verifying /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/sysconfig/network
> were properly set.

I just had this problem about 2 days ago. If you type drakboot as root,
then press Configure towards the top. Then check the button next to
Force No APIC. Reboot check to see if it works.

John Drouhard

--
Fri Aug  8 13:53:31 CDT 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.