On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 12:41, Todd Lyons wrote:

> "I don't care that you are using a journalized filesystem like ext3, I
> want you to do a full blown filesystem check as if you were ext2."

So why does it do this on bootup, on the root filesystem?  What is the
advantage to this option, which has no background explanation, and
leaves only a very short amount of time in which to make a decision?
I've always found it confusing and leaving me wondering what the heck is
the right thing to do......

Damon