On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:22, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:42, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> >  *** James Sparenberg Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:44:00 +0000 :
> >
> > >   If you use KDE the is a power management section in the kcontrol
> > > control center that will allow you to set warnings at whatever percent
> > > level you want. (worked for mine)
> >
> > And what is this KDE flummy playing frontend for? I don't use KDE and
> > with important things I want to keep it as near to the CLI as possible
> > so I can always manage even if there is no GUI.
> >
> > wobo
>
> go to /proc/acpi and have a look.
>
> you may also like the acpi client -- try acpi -V.

Wobo,

   Doing some google searches I've run across just two Mentions of this
... Seems it's kernel related as you'll see.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2003-25/1591.html

The second site is in german and related to a thinkpad ... you can be
the judge better than I on what if any relevance it has to your
situation

http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~diesch/linux/r40.html

But on the second one he/she talks about almost an identical error
message to the one you are getting.  Same error number (ACPI-1121) at
any rate.

Hope this helps rather than adding confusion to the problem.  One
question does acpi -b or apm return any batter info at all?

James