On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:36:51 -0500, stefmit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

They removed the sections on servers, networking, and security too. By definition that makes it less-than-definitive, doesn't? ;-)

Nevertheless I've found it useful.

Phil

To Whom It May Concern

In a "dual" attempt to both obtain what I thought of being advertised as a good reference book for MDK specifics, and to support the MDK developers (as I do by buying their packages) - I have ordered and recently received the MDK "Definitive Manual". Do NOT think of spending $39 (!!) + $11 S&H on this! The quality of the book is horrible (it started falling apart after a few pages flipped), the whole book is totally unprofessionally made, and the content is for retarded DOS users: a "definitive manual" missing fundamental things such as urpm* (CLI) usage (not even for beginning stuff, let alone more advanced features) makes the worse book purchase I have ever made (and I buy a lot of books) .

Hopefully one day someone will write something worth O'Reilly publishing, as an MDK-specific reference book. Until then - long live the printouts from the web pages or from MDK email list archives, as "handy" references. Do not waste one penny on "The Definitive Manual" ...

Stef

-- Using Mandrake Linux 9.1 www.mandrakesoft.com