-----New Message-----

I started using ReiserFS when I switched from RH6.x to mandrake 7.2.
(oddly enough I swapped to mdk because i liked the fact that they had
defaulted to Postfix as MTA and I was sick of sendmail.cf and M4's)

Back then there were serious problems with reiser and postfix.
(for example setting a limit on mail size in postfix resulted in
a big log of error messages and mail got held up.)
I needed a size limit because my users were sending 10MB p0rn and word docs
all over the place.. So in the end i had to redo that partition as EXT2.

There were also NFS problems with Reiser back then as well.

As I understand, both those issues have been resolved since then.

I swapped to EXT3 when I started using mdk8.2, mostly because I heard
that RH had choosen it as their default FS for stability and backwards
compatibility with EXT2.

Since then I have had some small issues with FS errors on crashes and
locked machine reboots. (nothing I wasn't able to fix by booting the rescue
CD and fscking the partitions.)

I plan to swap to Reiserfs when I upgrade to 9.2, if the problems it had
are
really all sorted now, It would be the better choice.

But I plan on trying XFS on a spare partition as well, because I want to
get the hang of ACL's in linux.

regards

Franki