On Thursday 21 Aug 2003 5:32 pm, ed tharp wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 08:26, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I don't think it's a heat problem.  Besides, if it were so, just
> > logging out wouldn't clear it, I think.
> >
> > Anne
>
> I donna know, but I think we have pretty much the same sound card
> (SB-Audigy), and i don't have no such trouble, and my X windows is
> up 24/7 going on 4 weeks now.
> Let's compare the settings i have in the KDE control center for
> system sounds.
> under aRTs tab, I have (only) checked ,  Start aRTs at KDE startup,
> run sound server with real time priority, and, display messages
> using artsmessage

I have the same + autosuspend if idle for 60 seconds

> under sound I/O tab, I have enable full duplex, and audio buffer
> size set to 208 millisec.

I had the same - I have just dropped the full duplex as a trial, but
if you have it enabled and no problem that can probably go back.

> under Midi, I just have 5 entries that say "ALSA device".

I don't have anything at all about ALSA.  I have two entries
concerning External Midi Device.  As I told Steffen, the second
(selected one) looks absolutely normal, showing EMU10K1 Midi, but the
first one has
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@e - External Midi Port - but instead of o there is a small
square.

This is an Audigy Platinum, btw, in case that makes any difference
(don't see why it should).

I'm puzzled about this ALSA bit.  Why am I getting no reference to
ALSA?  Any ideas?

Anne