On Thursday 04 Sep 2003 5:57 pm, Niclas Jacobsson wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I've got problems setting up a samba server for WinME & XPHome
> clients. Printersharing works like a charm but file/directory (oops
> sorry for the Win-terminology...) sharing seems difficult to get
> working. Resources setup with samba show up in explorer at the
> client but when accessed I get prompted for password (guest
> account) what is this password, where can I find it? and how do I
> set this up so that each Windows/client account can access shared
> resources without being prompted for pswd?? Is there an HOWTO
> somewhere that explains all this in detail?
>
> Thanks!
> Niclas

Every user must have an account on your box, and the username and
password must match that on the windows box in every detail - it is
case-sensitive of course.  The fact that it's asking for the guest
password suggests that you haven't done this.

Webmin may not be installed - it isn't by default, I think - but it's
worth having.

If you are still having problems after that, paste your /etc/smb/conf
into a message here.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302