*** Michael Lothian Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:52:02 +0100 :

> What I don't get is why it isn't shared using MLDonkey or xMule as
> this kinda makes people have to share the files once they're
> downloaded - unlike bittorrent.  I have a feeling htat most people who
> use it stop thw upload as soon as it all downloads. You'd also find
> bit torrent would be a whole lot better if everyone used it.
>
> Hope that people actually consider using Donkey for downloading the
> ISOs as it's a great way of SHARING files.

The idea is not bad but file sharing systems like Donkey have all the
smell of mp3 and video sharing systems. I'd never let any Donkey ride my
machine (or was it the other way round?). Bittorrent is a whole
different story.

wobo
--
"... and anyway, html can't carry a virus." (Aug 2001, Usenet)
GnuPG Public Key on http://www.wolf-b.de/misc