September 9, 2003 01:55 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 September 2003 20:48, Charlie M. wrote:
> > Howdy;
> >
> > Have you a set of ISOs from the last release still? If so you can
> > rename them and rsync them with the mirror of your choice to save
> > at least some bandwidth.
> >
> > Greg Meyer did a "mini tutorial" on doing that. A link can be found
> > on the cooker TWiki, or at his page:
> >
> > http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/rsync-mandrakeiso.html
> >
> > http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MandrakeLinux
> >
> > If not; and it seems the connections everywhere are dragging along
> > like molasses in January, you may want to try the bit torrent. I'm
> > feeding it back up from here at roughly 60 kilobytes per second
> > from the set I rsynced from sunet.se last night. Md5sums checked,
> > clean downloads.
> >
> > The "main" torrent page for triggering the download from a browser:
> >
> > http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/torrent/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2.torrent
> >
> > or open a terminal in the directory you want the ISOs in and use
> > this:
> >
> > btdownloadcurses.py --url
> > http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/torrent/MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2.torrent
> > - --saveas MandrakeLinux-9.2rc2
> >
> > I hope you can grab them one way or another without too much more
> > trouble.
> >
> > If you use the torrent please leave it running for a while after
> > completion to ease the traffic jam on the mirrors? I'll leave mine
> > up for probably another 12 hours or so.
> >
> > Regards;
> > Charlie
>
> Charlie,
>
> You're lucky Anne is just looking away or she'd be asking you to put
> this up on the wiki:o)
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

Don't give her any ideas HarM!

She'll probably be nice to me 'cause she knows I haven't slept in about
65 or 66 hours. It's been one of those weeks, and it's only Tuesday.

I think....

'Course if I do it again she'll probably have me flogged around the
square or something. <g>

You can copy and paste anything that may be of any use to the Community
TWiki, can't you Anne?

Pretty please? With sugar on it? Sprinkles? Chocolate sauce? lol I just
noticed the fortune on this message. My system is insane; which is OK
since apparently I am too.

Gotta hurry away again so I can get close enough to started so that I'll
feel I'm making at least _some_ headway. Some *hobby* I picked.

Peace;
Charlie
- --
Edmonton,AB,Canada User 244963 at http://counter.li.org
Cooker on kernel 2.4.22-6mdk
14:59:49 up 1 day, 16:29, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.22, 0.13
Anything that is good and useful is made of chocolate.