On Friday September 12 2003 11:42 pm, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> So far for CDs coming straight from heaven. No, in earnest,
> compatibility of burnt CDs on other machines is still an issue
> after CDs being on the market for so long now. :(
>
> wobo

    Yes, drive compatibility has always been an issue. IMO, CDr
media is becoming a bigger issue also. There's only a handful of
producers, but many different brand names of varying quality. When
I can find 'em I always try to buy Fuji Film CDr's which are really
Taiyo Udens. I try to avoid Ritek, CMC Magnetics are acceptable.
Those three producers are probly 90% of the CDr's out there. At
least in the USA.  OTOH, production CD's have problems too. IIRC,
many reported bad CD's for 9.1 were sent out in boxed sets by
Mandrake's distributor.