Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

You can always use your /home with several different installations. In fact it's a Good Thing(TM) to save ressources. There are noissues about that as far as data file are concerned.

There are issues aboout the various subdirs which are created by the
apps you use. As long as a newer version of a program uses the same file
structure and ways to configure as the older version you just have to
watch out for your old configuration files not to be overwritten by the
newer ones.

The hassle starts when a program changes this stuff. So before I share
my /home with a newer distribution I back up the complete home-dir.
Making backups is a Good Thing(TM)!
wobo

Thanks wobo. Now I need to learn how to back up to my second HD.

When do you sleep. It had to be after midnight in DE when you replied.

Gary