On Wednesday 17 Sep 2003 6:41 am, Eric Huff wrote:
> > > Is anyone prepared to talk to me off-list about this.  My
> > > daughter wanted to watch dvd's on her win98 computer.  Then she
> > > got a message
> > >
> > > that said'The DVD key exchange for copy protection has failed.
> > > Playback is not possible.'  Now she not only can't play any
> > > dvds, but she can't play audio disks on that drive either.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Sounds like the copyright protection in Media Player 9 bit her.
> > Short of a re-install of windows I don't know enough about the
> > registry to tell you how to back out.
>
> Not sure if this will help, but you can download older versions of
> software.  Here is media player 7.1:
>
> http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=wmp

That's what she has.  I think it is the Creative Media Player that did
it.  Problem is, if it has written to registry I don't know whether
it can be removed.  It is infuriating.  She is not attempting to do
anything illegal.   No, better not start that thread again <g>

Thanks for the suggestion, though

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302