Hi,

I installed 9.2 RC2. Fine. Everything worked and I had my network up and
running in no time at all.

I have a WLAN accesspoint/router/switch. Connected is a laptop with
wlan card and the desktop I'm talking about. Network card was recognized
during installation and works fine with the ne-pci module.

I use the router's dhcp server to assign IPs and the router shows
192.168.1.102 for the pc network card.

This morning I returned from breakfast and my network was down. I could
not ping any adress from any machine.

I rebooted the laptop and it came on fine, network working. BTW, that's
9.2 RC2 as well.

Desktop booted until it came to setting up eth0. It did not find any
valid IP. I used the Mandrake CC and I also tried to do it manually,
nothing works.

Router shows the card in the dhcp table with correct MAC and assigned IP
as listed above. But the card (although the module is loaded) doesn't
get an IP.

# ifconfig
eth0  Protocol: Ethernet  Hardware Address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
          UP BROADCASTING  RUNNING MULTICAST   MTU:1500  METRIC:1
          RX packets: 0  errors:0  dropped:0  overruns:0  frame:0
          TX packets:18  errors:0 dropped:0  overruns:0  carries:0
          Collisions:0  queue:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)   TX bytes:3618  (3.5 Kb)
          Interrupt:9  Base address .0xb000

eth0:9  Protocol:Ethernet   Hardware address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (same)
      inet address:127.255.255.255  Bcast:127.255.255.255 Mask:255.0.0.0
      Interrupt:9  Base address 0xb00

lo      Protocol: local loop (the usual values)

I can't ping any of the other 2 addresses (router, laptop) and the eth0
can't be reached from anywhere.

OK, I did all I could think of, including opening the case and looking
at the card (little green light is on). I bboted into WIndows which is
still on the harddisk and tested network. It worked fine, so it's not a
hardware thing.

Any idea?

wobo