I have bought my a copy of Mandrake (9.1) and will do the same for the
upcoming 9.2...too bad more people would not do the same.

Lee Wiggers schrieb am Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:02:41 -0400:

> Or perhaps they are broke because they don't try to make money?
> Watching Mandrake shoot itself in the foot over and over again,
> marketing-wise has been the most unpleasant part of my mdk
> experience over the past 3 years.

Funny how this "shooting in the foot" turned out to be a fast way out of
chapter 11. Other companies stayed in Ch11 for years, Mandrake will
(hopefully) be out within a year. Is that "shooting in the foot"?

Of course, there have been things and acts where we just ask: Why on
earth are they doing this? But for me the overall results are what
counts here, not the 'if' and 'should'.

And one more point: All these actions (ore non-actions) during the last
7 months must be regarded through the rules of the french chapter 11.
MandrakeSoft is under observation. This goes as far that all
investments, all credit attempts and contracts, all payments, undergo
examination by a court appointed accountant. Sure this slows down
actions and even prevents actions. If the accountant says 'No', then you
can't do what you'd do otherwise.

MandrakeSoft as a company is far from being perfect and the same goes
for the management. But I am sure they'll make it and I'd bet my money
on them (in fact, all of the contributors and donators do).

wobo