resend; Please do not set a 'Reply-to' in your mail client when posting to the list.

David James wrote:
I have been using mdk 9.1 for a number of months now without any
problems and of course I got bored and decided to fiddle with the
system,BIG mistake, ie update my nvidia drivers,unfortunately I broke
the system,no problem I thought all I need to do is re-install mdk and I
can still keep all my settings,data etc,this is what I did and
everything seemed to work to plan except that I can no longer use k3b it
keeps showing the error:
No support for ATAPI with cdrdao enable ide-scsi (SCSI emulation)
as far as I know this has been enabled,see lilo below.
I also set cdrdao driver to generic-mmc, as advised but still no joy.

I don't use k3b but what I hear is a reader must be scsi emulated in order to burn copy from it and wonder, if you have a cdrom, whether adding hdx=ide-scsi to the append="" statement and running lilo would satisfy k3b wrt this error, or, if /sbin/lilo somehow has not got executed during reinstall. I guess you could verify what parameters are passed at boot with cat /proc/cmdline.

Rolf