On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:29:07 -0400, HaywireMac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:31:24 -0400
"Phil G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

I'm using Mozilla, and it has under Helper Applications for mime type video/x-ms-asf to open with /usr/bin/gmplayer. Yes, by "locks up" I
mean I can't do anything but wait. Well, ALT-TAB brings up the box
with the open applications but nothing happens when I let go of the
keys other than the box goes away - regardless of which icon was
highlighted when I let go.

I'm inclined to agree with James, tho I see conspiracies everywhere and blame MS for most things, including global warming, soooo...

Wouldn't surpise me either.

Like Sherlock Holmes said, if you eliminate all other
possibilities...something something something...then whatever remains,
however unlikely, must be the truth.

If your browser will play streaming media of a similar format from other
sites without problem, then you can focus the "blame" on this site and
MS software in particular.

I'll try another site (once I find one). But I don't see how this forced wait would cause the whole pc to lock up. Shouldn't just the gmplayer jobs lock up?

Anyhow, thanks for the input. I'll keep at it.

Phil

--
Using Mandrake Linux 9.1 www.mandrakesoft.com