On Thu Sep 25, 2003 at 11:13:23PM -0400, Albert Whale wrote:

My response will be short simply due to the fact that you posted in html and
I can't quote it and can't be bothered to cut-n-paste.

Every Mandrake advisory includes the CVE names for the correlating problem.
Trying using the CVE search mechanism on MandrakeSecure.  That should be
adequate.  Nessus tells you CVE-bla-bla, you go to MandrakeSecure and do the
CVE search for CVE-bla-bla, and immediately you find what advisories, if any
deal with that CVE name.

And contrary to your shouting, I have nothing against Nessus... I like it.
But I'm not gonna turn around name packages
"openssh-3.6.1p2-CVE-2003-xxxx-1.1mdk" just so you can avoid using a very
simple search field on the website.

(BTW, this was implemented a *long* time ago)

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/