On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 08:20, James Sparenberg wrote:

> > I had one of these once as the early warning that reiserfs was about to
> > take a dump. I ended up trying reiserfsck on it, which destroyed about
> > half the files in the partition. Back up early and often.
>
> Haven't had it do to reiser but I've sure had it happen do to Mozzila.
> I have to do an rm -Rf .mozilla about once every 2 months and then move
> my backup of bookmarks and cookie (do not set) files back over.  2 times
> now it's created a file I couldn't remove.  Except by a 3rd party
> (rescue disk) boot and removal.
>
> James

mine was a mozilla cache file too, now that I think about it. So the
problem that I experienced in that case probably wasn't reiserfs, but
reiserfsck.

That said, once you've had to rebuild and restore an 8x72GB RAID5
production array during business hours because the filesystem caused a
kernel panic under load, you tend to cast a hairy eyeball toward that
file system...
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/3455/2003/7/0/10528457/
--
Jack Coates