On Sunday 05 October 2003 03:56 pm, ed tharp wrote:

> have you ever tried to see what error messages you get starting it from
> the cli?

Yep, sure have - here is what it gives:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] darklord]$ gnomemeeting

Literally that, and nothing else. :-)

However, starting it in gui mode does give an error:

Error while opening video device /dev/video0
The chosen Video Image will be transmitted during calls. If you didn't choose
any image, then the default GnomeMeeting logo will be transmitted. Notice
that you can always transmit a given image or the GnomeMeeting logo by
choosing "Picture" as video device.

Could not open the chosen channel with the chosen video format.

So it comes down to what appears to be permissions on /dev/video0, since root
can run it.

I've changed it (as has Anne) umpteen times, even opening it to "777" status
but no go, I've also added every group (but root) to my user account and that
does not make a diff. either.

We're wide open for ideas here. :-)

--

                                                          /\