Traci Collins wrote:

Thank you for these suggestions. I'll be trying both later today. Just a
quick question, if I use noinitrd how does the system know which img
file to use?

Traci

noinitrd
This boot time option disables the two phase boot-up operation. The kernel performs the usual boot sequence as if /dev/initrd was not initialized. With this option, any contents of /dev/initrd loaded into memory by the boot loader contents are preserved. This option permits the contents of /dev/initrd to be any data and need not be limited to a file system image. However, device /dev/initrd is read-only and can be read only one time after system startup.

See: man initrd

Larry

--
Abit VP-6 Dual Pentium III 1GHz