Hi all
I know there are a few Hams on this list as I've spotted the odd
callsign on sig files.

Applications like Echolink which which only runs on windows are getting
very popular.
However it cant be run on Win4Lin as no input devices are supported.
Attempts so far to run on vmware have no been good, the codecs on winxp
on wmware cant handle the sampling rate so playback is slower than
normal...so unuseable.
win98 on vmware no audio at all, trying now win2000.

There are linux apps to do the same thing ie, echolinux.
I managed to get the driver compiled, but the gui throws up many errors
when compiling.

Again we have the problems of s/w written for one distro being very
difficult to get running on another.
this was written in slackware , has been used on suse, but both redhat
and mandrakes file structure differ from slackware and suse.
Are there any hams or anyone else could help me port some of the linux
Ham s/w to mdk compatibility and produce mdk RPMs ?

TIA
Richard G8JVM
--
Richard Bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>