On Wednesday 08 October 2003 04:57 am, Richard Bown wrote:

> There are linux apps to do the same thing ie, echolinux.
> I managed to get the driver compiled, but the gui throws up many errors
> when compiling.

I have echolinux running on a 9.1 system.
Exactly what errors are ocurring when you compile the gui? The most likely
problem is that you did not install one of the devel libraries that are
required for the compile. If you post some of the compile errors (or send
them to me directly) it should not be too hard to figure out which ones
are missing.

> Again we have the problems of s/w written for one distro being very
> difficult to get running on another.

Usually not that much of a problem. Most of the time it is just a problem
of different versions of libraries.

--
Alex / AB2RC (ex KC2IVL)
ft100 software for Linux http://www.qsl.net/kc2ivl