On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:46:24 -0700
Eric Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > trait. Every time the PC is booted when I open sylpheed for the
> > first time it always complains that it can't find the address book
> > and about ecery other time it makes me go through the full first
> > time setup.

This can only occur if something is altering your ~.sylpheed/
It is not the program itself which is causing this.

Among the some of the possible causes of this occurring are, improper
shutdown, failure to close sylpheed before shutdown, bad sectors on hd,
improperly configured X-server, faulty power/connection.

Run boot and shutdown in verbose mode, you might be able to spot the
cause there.

> It might be best for you to install with an rpm built for mandrake.
>
> Charles has a sylpheed 9.6 rpm that he gracously made available to
> us:
>
> http://www.eslrahc.com/
>
> (What's with the site bein all pretty, Charles?  :)

Well my "build a page for me" challenge was accepted by John Willby who
graciously built and sent me the code this week which I happily uploaded
today.

    Charles