On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:46:07 +0100 Nigel Wilkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:10:59 +0000
> Dick Gevers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > The only thing I could imagine which I may have seen mentioned on the
> > Sylpheed list is closing Sylpheed with the button in the upper right
> > hand corner: this could perhaps give rise to some settings not being
> > saved and preferable would be closing with [ Ctr + Q ] or [ Alt + F >>
> > X ].
>
> I do have a habit of closing progs with the upper right hand button. I
> will try to apply some self control and see what happens however a 12
> year habit is hard to change. I'll give it a try but surely a  programme
> that catches a WM_DESTROY event enough to give you a "Do you really want
> to close this programme" box should also shut it down properly, also why
> didn't this happen in SuSE???

I've been using s-c since at least 0.6.x and virtually always close it
with the Close button...  s-c handles this method quite well...  heck, it
even handles Ctl+c reasonably gracefully...  this is not likely your
problem...

I would suggest running either "strace sylpheed" or "sylpheed --debug" to
make sure all the .sylpheed/* files are not erroring...