On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:41:16 -0700
James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I keep jumping between BlackBox and IceWM.  Even on a P4 1.3GHz, 512Mb RAM,
> > I love the quickness of a simple WM.
>
> True but a lot here do use kde.  one question why switch once you are in
> a window manager who ever sees the desktop *grin*

Alt Shift F9 on icewm (minimize all)  ;) -- while doing file ops on a
well maintained file hierarchy is optimal on the command line, for
tidying clutter a good speedy GUI file manager like Rox Filer is hard to
beat. And the "desktop" concept as a place to dump things is not a bad
user interface (I just wish somebody would write a self-organizing one --
it's a shame that the technology of AI based user interfaces seems to
have stopped at Clippy. When I get some time...)

Reuben
--

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]