Nothing's working.  The sources are screwed up and the rpms nonexistent
(again).  I updated all my sources again, with success, then did the
commandline urpmi bit:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] praedor]# urpmi --update --auto-select --noclean
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed (12
MB):
gnome-applets-2.2.3-1.1.91mdk.i586
libopenssl0-0.9.6i-1.2.91mdk.i586
libopenssl0.9.7-0.9.7a-1.2.91mdk.i586
libopenssl0.9.7-devel-0.9.7a-1.2.91mdk.i586
openssl-0.9.7a-1.2.91mdk.i586
Is this OK? (Y/n) Y

It then tries to download the rpms but ends up with:

Installation failed, some files are missing:
    /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libopenssl0.9.7-devel-0.9.7a-1.2.91mdk.i586.rpm
    /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/openssl-0.9.7a-1.2.91mdk.i586.rpm
    /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/gnome-applets-2.2.3-1.1.91mdk.i586.rpm
    /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libopenssl0-0.9.6i-1.2.91mdk.i586.rpm
    /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libopenssl0.9.7-0.9.7a-1.2.91mdk.i586.rpm
You may want to update your urpmi database

I can't update the databases any more than they already are.  You can only be
so updated.  Where are the rpms?

praedor

On Monday 13 October 2003 10:42 am, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:38:46 -0500
>
> Praedor Atrebates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > Just ran MandrakeUpdate and ran into a problem I seem to come across
> > more often than I ever should.  It lists bug and security fixed
> > packages as per normal but when I select them for install, the rpms do
> > not exist.  I get an error message about them not existing and a
> > question whether I want to skip it or not, etc.
>
> I would do it from the command line like so:
>
> urpmi.update -a
>
> then
>
> urpmi --update --auto-select
>
> what you are probably running into is that your sources are out of date
> and that is what the 1st command will take care of (hopefully).
>
> If it still does not work, try changing the update source to a different
> mirror.

- --
"What influence in fact have Christian ecclesiastical establishments had on
civil society? In no instance have they been seen as the guardians of the
liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty have
found in the clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to
secure and perpetuate liberty, does not need the clergy."
- --James Madison