On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:12:05 -0700, Rolf Pedersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Phil G. wrote:
I have a dualboot setup, and had to replace my video card. No problems in ML. But W2K won't recognize the new card and the video is corrupted. So I need to reinstall W2K.

I think this will this screw up the bootsector so that I can't boot into Linux. And if so, how do I correct it?

Phil

If you put w2k back into the same partition, your Mandrake bootloader menu, /boot/grub/menu.lst or /etc/lilo.conf, will already have the proper information to boot windows or Mandrake. However, installing windows installs the windows bootloader to the MBR. You will just have to reinstall Mandrake's bootloader.

One way to do this is boot CD1, press F1 when the screen say you can, boot with rescue, and you will have a choice to reinstall the bootloader. Otherwise, if you boot a generic rescue disk, mount your linux install, chroot to that mount point, and run /sbin/lilo for lilo or sh /boot/grub/install.sh for grub, that will reinstall the Mandrake bootloader to the MBR.

Rolf

Thanks, Rolf!

-- Using Mandrake Linux 9.1 www.mandrakesoft.com