On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 5:40 pm, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Anne Wilson wanted us to know:
> >1)  I have kopete installed, and I did not remember to do anything
> >about msn before I went away.  Everything was fine when I left,
> > but now it tries to connect to msn on opening, fails, and
> > segfaults.  Is there any way that I can get in to the
> > configuration file to stop instant connections?  I have looked
> > for it, but can't see the file.
>
> MSN supposedly recently started blocking all 3rd party IM clients.

Yes, I knew about this, and assume that it is the cause of the
problem.

> The real question is if this is an isolated incident or can nobody
> get it to work.

I'll try a new thread both here and on newbie to see of any kopete
users bite.  I need to turn off that auto-connect, then I will know
if I can still use it for icq.

> > 1759 daemon    10   0 10080 9.8m  848 S  0.7  1.9   4:31.08
> > jabberd so what is it doing?
>
> Jabber is an open source messenger.  jabberd is the server.
> Chances are that you're not trying to run an IM server, so you
> probably can safely turn that off.

OK.  I've stopped it in drakservices and disabled the on-boot loading.
Thanks

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302