On Monday 20 October 2003 03:23 pm, David Guntner wrote:
> Bryan Phinney grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> > The fetchmail log should be telling you what the error code is from
> > Postfix but if I had to guess, I would say it is a 501, fetchmail
> > normally counts 55? codes as spam rejects by default.
>
> Not on *my* system, it didn't. :-)  I had to put it in to cause fetchmail
> to behave itself when running into those.

I think that you have to up the logging level on fetchmail to get all the
details.  When troubleshooting the messages that were left on the ISP, I did
up the detail level.

However, on my system, the error code is definitely 501 and not 554 for
malformed addresses, although you can change it in the postfix configuration.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer