Hi
this is minor but damn annoying

After trying to print a jpeg from  gimp-1.2.5-6mdk to an Epson C82
printer using CUPS, instead of a nice piccy of a swiss steam engine I
got
1 line of about 20 characters mix of german, greek , math symbols.

on page after page after page.
Flushed the printer queue....no change
removed printer for config.....no change
disconnected the printer......no change
power cycled the printer.... eventually stops
reconnected the printer to PC..... it starts again  !!!!!!!
reboot the PC  ....its still going
power down the pc  ....it stopped

reconfigure the printer in CUPs
and print a test page.....working
Thats the first time I've ever seen that..
OK it may be a coincidence that 9.2 is involved as the other factor is
the new kernel 2.4.22

has anyone seen similar  ???

Richard

--