On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:50:08AM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Sunday 26 Oct 2003 9:12 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I use kweather to track what is happening in Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
> > Seems to work just fine. I go back and forth between MDK 9.1 and XP
> > throughout the day, so I don't notice any long-term use related
> > problems.
> >
> > It seems to me that when I went to set it up, Viet Nam (or at least
> > Ha Noi) was not among the options available, but as I recall I
> > typed Ha Noi in and the program was happy to start providing the
> > weather info. (Right now I am going by memory, not going back
> > through the configuration proceedures - excuse my lazyness.)
> >
> This is very puzzling.  The configuration only offers me 'Look up your
> ICAO code'.  The box requires a 4-digit code, which I don't know.
> When I move on to the select page, the search facility only offers me
> Federal, States and Territories.  Entering a UK town, city or county
> in the search box doesn't help.  I'm stuck.

Anne
At this location
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml
Go to the bottom of the page and select the country then click on the
button that says "display all stations in" and it should show all the
codes for that country with name of the town.When I configured kweather
this was the page the lookup link connected to.I'm not sure why Yours
isn't working , maybe something connected with the locale  settings  as mine
is USA.Hopefully this address will at least let you find the code you
need.
HAND
Ray Warren