Nopes....No problem with verizon-dsl. I use the "adsl"
package for connecting (it requires username &
password).

Cool thing is that i have an internal network (home of
about 4 nodes, windoze, gatewaty is Mandrake), when no
one is using the network, it kind of goes to
sleep....and the moment someone fires up a browser, it
will auto-connect. Its been running on this OLd
Pentium 90Mhz....with 16Mb RAM, running 8.2 for over 2
yrs now....power failures? I comes right up. I even
moved, left it with the college kids in the same
apartment, some don't even know whats running their
network!!

Recently tried to install 9.1, no go...i guess the
hardware is toooo old.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have been using Verizon DSL for over a year. Set
> it up under Windows
> 98/2k. When I installed MDK 9.1 on my new Dell it
> connected to the
> internet without a hitch! Rarely I have had
> problems, but very rarely. I
> have two machines with 9.1 and both can connect as
> reliably as the various
> flavors of Windows that share their respective
> harddisks.
>
> LeRoy
>
> > Hi,
> >   This may be a bit off topic but it does involve
> Linux. I,m considering
> > getting Verizon dsl, since it is now available in
> my area, and my
> > wireless connection is not reliable. I had a
> Verizon dialup account once
> > for about three years, with no problems, until one
> day I could no longer
> > connect to the mail servers unless I used windows.
> Are any of you using
> > Verizon dsl, and if so are there any problems with
> using Linux?
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from