On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Now all I have to do is find out how to keep the right perms on
> /dev/video*

You can try editing /etc/security/console.perms, looking for the line near
the bottom of that file that reads:

<console> 0600 <v4l> 0600 root.sys

And then changing it to:

<console> 0666 <v4l> 0666 root.sys

That *might* do what you want (you'll need to reboot afterwards, for it to
take effect, AFAICT).

HTH!

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to every-