What's available for Linux Multimedia resources?

By that I mean email lists, books, and websites.

My interests are in mostly audio right now, but I am trying to get my sweetie
to get me a digital movie camera for Christmas, so that might change.

I would love to understand the details of the differences between oggs and
mp3, I would love to find out about noise filtering and ID3v1 vs ID3v2, and
converting between them. How about other tools than Audacity and Gramofile?

Or maybe this tells me to just stay here, and ask away.

Rob
--

Linux: For the people, by the people.